Monday, September 14, 2009

For Today

                        Simon's Monet II                             
                         11 x 12   Pastel                       $325
                       
Not enough time to do a new painting today.....But instead here is one from my inventory. I love to paint lily ponds. The inspiration for this painting came from the gardens at the Notton Simon Museum in Pasadena, CA. It is one of my favorite museums to vist. I painted this on suede mat board. Yes suede not velour. Velour does not hold the pastels as well as suede. You pastelists out there if you haven't tried it, I urge you to do so. It has a wonderful sensual feel to it. When the pastel hits the surface I'm in 7th heaven. I used an assortment of brands and textures of pastels but made sure to use a generous amount of  Sennelier Iridescent and Schmicke. Signing off for today. Back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment