Monday, April 28, 2014

Unexpected place for a pastel painting.



 
"Exuberance, 9 x 12, pastel on Artagain paper.
 
I get in the mood to paint florals every once in a while. Well, I was in such a mood a few weeks ago when I went to our local health care facility with my husband who had to take a blood test. It was quite crowded and I guesstimated the wait to be about 20 minutes so rather then sitting in a crowded room with a bunch of potentially sick people, I walked the halls to get my exercise in. There is a corridor adjacent to the waiting room with glass walls and a lovely patio sits on the outside. I started snapping away taking photographs.
 
 
Using these photos as my referances, I created "Exuberance" and "Garden Intrigue" (shown on my last post but not a very good image). Here's a better image.
 
 
 
"Garden Intrigue", 9 x 25, pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes paper.
 
Here are more florals I did while on a floral roll.
 
 
"Orchids and Raindrops", 12 x 9, pastel on Artagain paper.
 
 
 
"Sierra Tear Drops", 9 x 12, pastel on Artagain paper.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment