Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm No Computer Techie


"View From Heron Lake Trail", 14 x 20, Pastel on Mi-Tientes Touch paper

I love the lay of the land and the mood in the original scene (see below) but I wanted a different take on it so I fooled around with the original photo in my old version of photoshop adding layers to change the color and intensity. Believe me when I say I'm no computer techie. My friend Kathy Holland who is and a great one at that ( she built my website and helps me out when I get in a jam) gave me a lesson on using layers a while back. I don't remember much of what she said but decided to go ahead and fool around with it anyway. Don't ask me what I did but I liked the results. I came up with some very nice variations from which I selected one to use as my reference photo for this painting.  I'd love to show you the variations but when I went into layering it wouldn't let me make a jpeg version and the psd version file size was really large. But I can show you the original photo I started from. I think I'll give Kathy a call.

 

original photo



2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,
    Love your banner! The painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Loriann. I'm a big fan of yours so your comment means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete