Sunday, May 20, 2012

There were No Trees


"There Were No Trees", 15 x 19, pastel on self sanded mat board.

I haven't posted anything since April. Why is that? Well, my classes ended in early April and hubby and I took to the road for an r and r holiday to Las Vegas but darn it, we just missed the plein air convention by a day not that I paint in plein air. I never took a liking to it. Don't like the standing still for too long when I'm outdoors. I love to hike and keep moving until I'm forced to stop for a beautiful site, one that really grabs me for a time. Camera handy, I snap away. And so it goes. It's not that I haven't tried to paint outdoors. I have and when I did, I found that the scene changes on me, shadows move, light changes, weather changes which not only frustrates me but makes me want to forget the whole thing and take a nap. I love my studio where I don't get bitten, or have a rattle snake slither by in the grasses near me or a bear for that matter. Also, I don't get sunburned in the studio. I could go on and on but I'm beginning to bore myself so I will end with saying that I don't have any insect DNA on this painting which, I am proud to say, was done completely and unabashedly in my studio.

4 comments:

  1. You,I,and Edgar feel the same way about it.I love to work outside in nice weather,just not what is necessarily in from of me.A brave and great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been very helpful to me to remember that I have no need to be ashamed of what I am and what I do and I owe you a big thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete