Monday, August 27, 2012

First Impressions

 
"Lupine Blast", 9 x 11, pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes paper.
 
It's good to be back painting even for short periods. I am slowly finishing up paintings I started during my last class. Here's the first one. It's about my first impression when I came upon a scene while hiking at Hensley Lake in Raymond some fifteen or so miles from where I live. I love this area. The hiking is easy and the views are gorgeous.
First impressions are an important part of a painting. My first impression when I came upon this scene was the beautiful, massave and pervasive color of the lupines on the hillside.

6 comments:

  1. Once again, a lovely composition. The blue is truly eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. You really know how to get maximum use out of your colours. Anita, will you be attending the 10th IAPS convention next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Vanessa. I don't plan on attending at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding!! Wonderful energy and focus. Love the drama. Consumate technique.
    what is acfi in aged care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for you wonderful commentsdevlin. You made my morning a great one.

    ReplyDelete