Thursday, June 20, 2013

Studio Intrepidation

 
"Heart Song", 16 x 20, pastel on Pastelboard
 
 
I know I'm repeating myself but I'll say it anyway. It's been a while since my last post. That's because since my heart attack I came down with the flu, followed by food poisoning and then pneumonia. The good news is I've recovered and feel great. I started back slowly when I felt I could go back to my studio. Frankly, I was wondering if I would ever paint again. Just the thought of pastel dust near me and standing on my feet for stretches gave me nightmares. Then sometime in April I began feeling better. The tables turned. Somewhere deep within I found my self inspired to paint again .I walked back into the studio and found it to be like a welcoming friend I hadn't seen for a while. I was so glad to be there! I started playing around in the studio for short periods of time. I did a little more work on a painting I thought was finished. I retitled it "Heart Song" because I felt my heart singing out after all my ordeals starting with the heart attack. Within a week or two I was ready to do a quick painting and then another not so quick..... I'll post these soon. It's great to be back!

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear your words and see your art again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. It's good to be back and to be stimulated and motivated again.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling better! Sounds like you've been through so much!! Maybe you should wear a mask for awhile...
    I love the looseness of this painting and the perfect title...I look forward to your next painting, Anita. Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hilda. It feels so good to be blogging again and to hear from you. I wore a mask for a whilebut did,'t have any motivation to paint as I was too sick. As I got better, the mask came off. Somehow I knew within when it was time to return to the studio sans the mask.

    ReplyDelete