Monday, July 15, 2013

Instant Inspiration

 
 
"Morning Embrace", 16 x 20 pastel on pastelbord.
 
The original scene that inspired this painting was a section of shore line on Heron Lake where my husband and I take our morning walks.  The support I used was Amphersand pastel board which seems to bring out a loose creativity in me. This painting is the one I chose to be in the 2013 Sierra Art Trails catalogue which comes out sometime this summer. Sierra Art Trails is a once a year open house studio event that takes place in early October here in the foothills of Yosemite National Park http://www.sierraarttrails.org/. The event attracts people for afar as well as local. I'm grateful and proud to be one of the participating artists. More to come on my art and this event in future blogs.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Your representation of light is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful painting and so suggestive. It is abstract and still concrete, I really admire this quality. And how great for you to be a participating artist of the publication.

    ReplyDelete