Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Completed Work

Joshua Ranch Spring
19 x 25
Pastel on Mat Board

The momentum I had came to a halt when I got sick so the painting rested while I recouperated. When I got back to the easel I found myself lacking in the level of enthusiasm I had going for me before. I continued on in spite of my negative attitude. It wasn't too long before I was back in rhythm. I brought out my Prismacolor and watercolor pencils and added them to the mix along with some watercolors and water miseable oils. I used a lot of Aquanet hair spray here and there not just to fix but as a liquid I worked in with my fingers and pencils.  In the final stage I ask some of my students for a critique. They said the background mountains were not reading well. I agreed with them and changed it before I pronounced it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment