Friday, March 4, 2011

Fill My Shopping Bag Please

Up Stream
18 x 24
Pastel on Pastelbord

Heron Lake sits a half mile from my house. I have come to know this lake through the seasons and different times of day in all kinds of weather. It never fails to fascinate me with its many moods and its beauty. I have painted it so many times because I never get bored with it. Of late I have been painting scenes of the lake in a more abstracted manner and with mixed media added into the mix. I use all kinds of tools to create interesting effects, among them are pallet knife, razor blade, pipe insulation, little do dads from my hardware box to mention a few. I've added water media, Pam spray, water, water color pencils, resists papers of all kinds, plastic wrap, bubble wrap, shopping bag paper, etc.. My list keeps getting longer as I think of or hear of new things.  I feel like a kid in a candy store. I'm loving every moment of it. Hope you will feed me with any creative tools in your shopping bag. Please let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment