Saturday, July 9, 2011

On With Painting

"View from Linda's Patio"
18 x 24
Pastel on Pastelbord

If you read my last post you know of the grieving process I had been going through since the death of my dear friend Linda. I found that I had to put closure to the phase I was in before I could continue to paint. I am so happy and please to announce that closure came and I am once again painting. So this painting I just finished is in memory of my dear friend Linda. Linda's house about a mile from mine sits on a hill slope. In the back of her home is a steep down slope to where a beautiful creek flows when the rains come, the slope going up on the other side combined with the far view offers a lovely landscape scene. One could sit on her patio for a good length of time absorbed in the view ( I know Linda did). There are homes and roads in the scene which I left out. I used a lot of artistic license and embellishment in the creation of this painting rearranging the far off mountains as I saw fit. Nevertheless, I believe Linda would have like this painting. I know I loved creating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment