Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Whole Picture



"Desert Seduction"

I created this painting for the Blick pastel ad as a loose rendering knowing only a
small portion of the painting would be used. I selected a small pallet of colors that appealed to me. It was a totally intuitive process.  Years of living and  painting in the high desert north of Los Angeles filled my memory bank with gorgeous scenes of spring when the desert comes alive with  amazing colors. Honestly, I don't think I spent more then a couple of hours creating this. It was like it was all planned out and waiting to be painted. I love it when this happens.

To see the ad go to the back cover of the current issue of "Pastel Journal".



2 comments:

  1. WWoooowww. That is a lovely pastel, and I think I've seen it here before. Blick should be flayed for not showing the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful compliment. This is the painting's debut. I wanted to wait until the ad came out before showing it.

    ReplyDelete