Thursday, October 7, 2010

About My Cover Painting

High Desert Seduction II
18 x 24
Pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes Paper

When I first moved to a place called Palmdale, California in the high desert about 65 miles north of Los Angeles I said " The day has come when snowballs fall in hell". I said that because up to that time I said " What a god forsaken place this is, this ugly, ugly desert . The day it rains snowballs in hell is when I would move to this place. Who would want to live there." Well folks, the day happened in 1990 when my husband's job took him there . But what happened was that over time I came to love this high desert with its fabulous sun rises and sun sets. I became familiar with the beauty brought on by the different seasons. I specially loved the spring bloom. It inspired me to paint, paint and paint some more. I felt an intimacy with the land that I never felt before.
Here are a couple more high desert paintings.



Blue Barn and Poppies   Sold
18 x 24
Pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes Paper

Here's another one


Poppyhill
Pastel on Suade Mat Board   Sold
8 x 10








No comments:

Post a Comment