Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sierra Art Trails Weekend is Over - The Aftermath

       Heron Lake photo taken this morning.

Sales were definitely not brisk for me this year at Sierra Art Trails but the attendance was good and my upcoming class appears to be full. The people had many wonderful things to say abut my works and I enjoyed speaking with my visitors.. Enough said about that because as an artist, I have learned to take something good out of every showing I have. Yes, I go into my corner for a little while and lick my chops but I come out very soon knowing it's time to get over it and go on, and it's time to get back to my easel and paint with more enthusiasm the ever before.
We had an amazing thunder storm throughout the early am hours Sun with over 1,000 yes 1,000 lightning strikes . People living here a long time are saying they never experienced anything like this before.. The lightning strikes lasted for span of several hours. It poured at times and we had hail to boot. Very exciting indeed . Today is Tuesday and for the first time in a long time my husband and I hiked around Heron Lake this morning in the misty light rain. Steam was coming off the lake. It was very beautiful. I took some photos that I'm sharing with you today. Here are some more.







No comments:

Post a Comment