Thursday, December 8, 2011

Counting to 100


"Morning Light Play II", 12 x 16, pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes paper

My latest painting is one in a series I have been adding to from time to time. It's about paintings with "light" in the title. It's the light that always grabs me. Soft, bright, morning, night ( I'm not fond of midday light). I love the light coming off the water, on trails, light showing tree shadows, light on grasses, on hair (animal or human), on flowers. You name it .... what's your favorite light. Here are some photos I have taken of light play at my beloved Heron Pond.



By the way, I would just love to see who the 100th follower will be on my blog. In appreciation and gratitude to all the people who have been so kind and supportive of my work and my blog I am going to send a little present to that person provided she or he is living within the continental United States. If the 100th follower is not within the continental U.S., then the first person after living in the continental U. S. will get it.

5 comments:

  1. your art is so beautiful, soft and inviting. I just want to linger in each one, and let the peace and quiet wrap around me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pastels Aniya.

    Those photos look like wonderful moments. Will you do pastel paintings of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured the light, indeed. Very fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill,
    I just may, but right now I have too many works in progress.

    David,

    Thank you. Light is my driven force.

    ReplyDelete