Thursday, October 18, 2012

Back Home from Vacation- Sorting Through the Mail

 
"Koi and Lily Pond", 18 x 24, pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes paper.
 
Hubby Bruce and I have just returned from a brief (4 day) but sweet vacation in Lake Tahoe, California, one of my favorite places. Going through the mail, the Blick Studio Holiday catalogue caught my eye. thumbing through it I came to page 63 to find a painting of mine featured on the page. It was a nice welcome home piece of mail to receive. Once again I am honored that the Canson company and Dick Blick have chosen one of my paintings to represent them. I have used Canson Mi-Tientes paper ever since I started painting with pastels sometime in the mid nineties. This was well before so many different kinds of pastel papers came on the market. I still use it today because it is a strong paper that stands up well to my style of painting. I know this sounds like an endorsement and I guess it is in a way but no one paid me to do this and I am truly thank full that Canson continues to manufacture this paper. Here's a couple more paintings done on Mi-Tientes paper.
 
"Mardi Gras", 15 x 19, pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes board.
 
"Yosemite Valley Morning Mist", 8 x 10, pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes paper. 
 
Okay so I'm, back from vacation. The first few days are  usually a downer for me but not so much this time.... now.. ugh... on to doing laundry. 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Anita... for having your painting chosen on Blick's Holiday catalog representing their company! What an honor!! I only use Mi- tientes paper for my pastels. I love your koi painting. I have a koi pond filled with these beauty's and you painted this beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How delightful that you have your own koi pond. Where I live, the herons would make a meal of them. Thank you for your comments.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! And as an aside, I do think the Canson paper is good as well. I use is for detailed multi-layered colored pencil illustrations, and it does stand up well to all the rubbing and polishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that...congratulations!! How fun to get into the Dick Blick catalog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both Quiltedtime and Kathryn. It always feels good to go back to Canson after painting on other papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your paintings are like walking in a lovely dream, beautiful, soft, inviting.

    ReplyDelete