Monday, October 1, 2012

My Open Studio and House for Sierra Art Trails

My Living Room
 
It's a wonderful sight to see the morning light filtering into my living room at this time of year. I'm working now to put the final touches on, while getting ready for Sierra Art Trails. I open my home and studio for this exciting event that takes place in the mountain communities of the Sierra foothills close to the south and west entrances of Yosemite National Park. For more information check out http://www.sierraarttrails.org/ . Oh how I would love  to see any of my blog and facebook viewers out there come and visit me during this wonderful event!
 
Art Trails begins Friday for this artist (not all participating artists open on Friday) and goes through Sunday. It's a joyous event for me where I welcome back people from past years and get to meet new visitors coming from near and far. I've hung new works throughout my home and studio. Here is a closeup view of a few works hanging in my living room.
 
"Aspen Glow Lake Eleanor", 18 x 24
 
"Hula Valley", 12 x 24 (not shown in living room photo)
 
"Morning Celebration", 12 x 16 (not shown in living room photo)
 
I open my home as well as my studio to the public because I believe it's nice to see a painting in an actual home setting and to see how art work can enhance any room. By the way, I am artist #14 in the catalogue.
 
Stay tuned for more.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment