Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mud Pies 2 and 3. Are we having fun yet?


Mud Pie #2
Pastel on Canson Paper
81/2 x 11

I didn't have fun doing Mud Pie #1. I had a painting that never went anywhere but I saved it to finish or redo it at a later time. I pulled it out for my first one because being on suede mat board made it easy to put a complete new painting over it. Each layer can completely cover over the one before it on this surface. For Mud Pie #2 I chose canson paper because I have a lot of it, I like it and it's very ecomonical also I didn't want to use more expensive surfaces yet, wet feet I guess. Something began to happen to me on this one, I started to have fun and the painting was done so fast I decided to do another one.  Here it is.
 
Mud Pie # 3
Pastel on Canson Paper
81/2 x 11

Now were talking, Oh boy I am having fun. I'm caring less about what you think of the painting and more about how much fun I'm having. I'm picking pastels like selecting candies from a Mrs Sees chocolate sampler box. I threw in some florescent pastels on this one.  The journey has begun.







No comments:

Post a Comment