Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mud Pie #4,5,6 and 7


Mud Pie # 4
Pastel on Canson Light Grey TonedPaper
8-1/2 x 11

Nothing much to say about this one except it happened quickly about 20 min and it was pleasant to do. Now for #5.



Mud Pie #5
Pastel on Richeson Premium Sanded Paper
8-1/2 x 11

So now I chose a deep rust toned surface. I found painting on this rich underlying color was sublime.
I can see myself doing more large paintings on this color toned surface. Today's painting was good for me. I learned something besides having fun. Now for #6

.
Mud Pie #6
Pastel on Suded Mat Board
8 x 11

Senious and moody is what I'de call this one. It was a pleasant but somewhat frustrating experience. Definitely not fun. Lets see what #7 will bring.



Mud Pie #7
Pastel on Richeson Sanded Rust Toned Paper
8-1/2 x 11

Wow! I chose to do this one as a demonstration at Timberline Gallery's December Art Hop.  Not only did I have fun doing it but I had an audience and it won an applaud at the end. Time frame 25 minutes. I'm having fun. I want to do more like this. Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your "mud" pieces. Great series. I saw Judy A. pieces the other day.. And it is sure tempting to take your classes... !!!!hugs,

    ReplyDelete