Monday, January 11, 2010

Sierra Sky

A couple of days ago around 5:00 pm I was doing some work at  the computer when I looked up out my window. The sky had a most beautiful glow to it. I couldn't help but to get up and go outside to check it out. To my amazement I saw the most beautiful sky scene before me and depending on what part of the sky I was looking at the colors changed . It was awe inspiring. There was even a pale rainbow across part of it. Too bad my camera couldn't pick it up.This is some of what I saw






My husband said this is called a sierra wave. We live in the foothills of Yosemite National Park about 45 miles from the southern entrance so this makes sense.  Anyway, I thought you might enjoy these photos. I hope to paint one of them soon. For now, I have too many works in progress going on but look for them in  future posts.


2 comments:

  1. I will be waiting for that project to be, I se already your pastels glowing. The motive is made for you. For me it will relax to se, after the so mucho grayness of this pas year hear in Ontario. I se you in my friend followers listing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful skies are always an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete