Saturday, October 3, 2009

Art Trails is Here


Marcia's Lilies
Pastel
                              16 x 29                    SOLD

It's a beautiful day here in Coarsegold. It's 4:00 pm now, two more hours to go for today. It's so nice to meet with people who appreciate art. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings. It makes me feel gratified that all those solitary hours spent in my studio gives pleasure to viewers even if only for a brief moment of time. To those who linger on in silence communicating with the painting, I bow down , I say to myself wow I have touched someone in some way. One heart and sole to another. And to those who buy a painting or two from me, well, I am ever so grateful. Complimentary words are wonderful to hear, but we artists need to buy our supplies, even more we need the nourishment our patrons so lovingly give with dollors. Continuings question ... Why do you paint? What do you get out of it?

4 comments:

  1. Anita, I'm so glad you found me-so I could find you and enjoy your wonderful work. Thanks for the nice comments on my mango paintings. I'm always relieved when i go to someone's site after they have said nice things about my paintings and find that I love their work and can enthusiastically tell them that! Your work is breathtaking. I also love to paint water lillies. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a great Day 1. So did we--Julie, myself, Valerie, and Ellen. Here's hoping Day 2 is as rewarding or more so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found you. Your works are wonderful and I relate to your latest post. Some shows are winners and some are seemingly catastrophies What I know is I just keep painting and once in a while those seemingly flop shows end up with some sales down the road. I never know when this can or will happen but it has happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen I am so glad likewise that you all had a good day today also. Best Wishes go out to ya all for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete