Thursday, September 10, 2009

What the Heck Am I Doing Here?

Marcia's Lilys
I should be working getting my studio and home ready for the upcoming Sierra Art Trails annual artist's studio tour...or I should be painting instead I find myself caught up with the blogging thing. How do you artists out there find the time to create your thing?  There isn't enough hours in the day or night. I'm 70 yrs old and yes when I was younger I was like a whirling dervish. Into everything, painting till all hours . I was in galleries around the west. Putting on solo shows, active in the art community way more then I am now.  So you out there please tell me what is your magic formula?
By the way I did not paint this painting or work on any other for today. Too busy looking up other artist's blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Anita, Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. To think that I would have influenced such an accomplished artist as yourself, even in a small way, is a testimony to the internet!Needless to say, I love your work. I started in pastels and still love them but felt that I had to make a choice and for now that choice is oil.

    Very nice finding you and I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares what medium you use. Your paintings are wonderful. I will check your blog often so
    Keep posting.
    Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete